Lobster Salad Tostada
This is another super versatile recipe which is great for a summertime lunch. It's basically our take on a classic chicken or seafood salad sandwich... but with more spice and heat! This items started as a Maryland Crab tostada at the DC shop but we now offer it as a Lobster tostada at the other shops as well. I didn't have any lobster or crab on hand this weekend so I made it with leftover rotisserie chicken - simple and super tasty.
- 4 tostada shells
- 1 cup guac or smashed avocado
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded slaw, romaine or iceberg lettuce
- 1 lb lobster or chicken salad
- some pickled onions, peppers or any other pickled item you may have in the fridge
- chopped herbs (basil, scallion, mint, scallion all great) for garnish
Assemble tostadas by gently spreading guac or avocado on the tostada shell.
Add a bit of lettuce or slaw, lobster salad, and garnish with pickles and herbs.
Lobster, Crab or Chicken Salad
- 1 lb pulled meat
- 1/2 cup chipotle mayo
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried spices (anything from curry powder to chili powder or a mix of other things in your spice cabinet will do)
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs, chopped (scallion & cilantro work great)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (plus more to taste)
Gently fold all ingredients together in a large bowl.